I am Poison
Poisoned
The bitter taste of defeat
Weaves and winds its wicked way through my unforgiving veins
I am Shaken
Disturbed
The mad disease of malevolence
Casts a black pall over a feeble patch of grey light
I am Only
Alone
The knowledge of duplicity
A constant thief of my comfort
I am Broke
Broken
Unhinged by a demon
In denim and shrouded head
I am Empty
Hollow
Silent screams echo and bounce
Off white walls stained with pain
I am Mad
Insane
The need to strike
At nothing of consequence
I am Unfeeling
Numb
The padded boundaries of my sanity
Anesthetise my thoughts
I am Thought
Thinking
The walls of silence
Falling piece by piece
I am Awake
Waking
A sun rises slowly
Over a shaded hollow
I am Light
Luminous
An outstretched hand
Brightens the whiteness of my space
I am Safe
Protected
Arms of asylum
Surround fragile senses
You are Patient
Patience
Feathered wingtips
Caress the weathered cracks in my soul
I am Devotion
Devoted
A heart of stone
Become soft and pliable
We are Love.
Indepth play on words that gives one pause to think on the even deeper feeling behind them ...
ReplyDeleteI am... impressed
ReplyDelete